Telecommunications Purchase Motivations
To inform your strategy recommendations, you would like to understand how US consumers of telecommunication services make their purchasing decisions. Specifically, you want to learn the decision-making criteria that are most important to consumers in this market.
- Nokia's 2016 Acquisition and Retention Study found that in mature markets, such as the US market, 46% of customers choose a mobile operator that offers the best prices.
- Some 26% of consumers look for the best network quality and 23% are interested in the best geographical network coverage.
- Friends and family being on the same network is a strong motivator for 21% of consumers, while the best customer care was important to 17% of respondents.
- Complementary products and services are important to 15% of consumers, the latest mobile technology to 13%.
- Finally, the choice of mobile devices was valued by 11% of respondents, while 9% valued data protection and security.
- When choosing a telecommunications provider online, 46% of consumers think that real-time assistance is the most important factor to making the decision.
- As much as 43% of consumers value a mobile-friendly experience, and 23% put great importance on being able to speak to a brand expert if needed.
- Consumers that signed up for bundled services (mobile and broadband for example) were less likely to change their telecommunication providers.
- Some simple services like getting a notification when they exceed their plan limit are very important to consumers in the telecommunication market, according to a report published by Bain & Company.
- Various industry experts list the most important factors to consider when choosing a telecommunications provider. For example, the non-profit TechSoup created this list of the 10 most important factors to consider when choosing a telecommunications provider.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.