Telemedicine Case Studies
Determine telemedicine systems that have been deployed successfully in rural areas around the world. The information will be used for a telemedicine market analysis.
OM HOSPITAL AND RESEARCH CENTRE AND THE APOLLO HOSPITAL
SICHUAN PROVINCE'S TELEMEDICINE SERVICES
- Based on a past study of a telemedicine service in China's Sichuan province, the initiative was able to link around 249 hospitals in 112 rural regions with state-of-the-art urban hospitals. The service covered around 40 medical specialization areas.
- During the 12-year duration of the telemedicine initiative, around 11,897 teleconsultations were conducted.
- Furthermore, 39.8% of the initial medical assessments were changed after the sessions. With regard to the initially-prescribed treatments, around 55% were changed after the sessions.
- The service also resulted in $3.2 million worth of savings for the patients and around $3.7 million for the physicians.
INDIA'S TELEMEDICINE INITIATIVES
- In India, the primary telemedicine projects are the following: Apollo, Otri, and the Asia Heart Foundation.
- Around 750 sessions are being conducted each month through these initiatives.
GENERAL OBSERVATIONS ON TELEMEDICINE SERVICES
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.