Television Ad Revenues: Foxtel
To find information on advertising revenues by channel or by company for Australian pay TV provider, Foxtel and information on ratings share data as a percentage by channel or company.
- In its 2019 fourth quarter results, "News Corp reports Foxtel revenue down by $61 million to $501 million, or 11%, compared to the same three months last year." However, Foxtel's subscriber base increased by 3% to 2.95 million.
- According to 2019 data, two of the most popular channels/companies under Foxtel include Kayo, which launched in November 2018, and Foxtel Now.
- Research was able to find the 2018 and 2019 financial report of News Corp, the parent company of Foxtel.
- News Corp has also released its second quarter results for 2020, but the results are not as detailed as the annual reports referenced above.
- These reports contain a wealth of useful information because a financial analysis of Foxtel has been conducted in the reports including an analysis of the company's financial performance.
- The company's 2018 financial report presents operating results for the fiscal year that ended on June 30, 2018 on page 54 of the report.
- In reference to the above report, Foxtel's revenue from advertising amounted to $141 milllion in 2018.
- ***All figures presented above are in US dollars.
Summary of Findings
- An analysis of the referenced financial reports revealed that Foxtel reports its financial performance including advertising revenue in form of aggregate data for all its channels and companies.
- Consequently, a breakdown of advertising revenue in terms of channels or companies may be unavailable in the public domain simply because the company has numerous channels and companies that make it unfeasible to report segmented data.
- We therefore recommend that we continue with research to find the aggregate advertising revenue data for 2019 and any available information on ratings.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.