To have a comprehensive overview on David's Bridal, which would include a company overview, background on the new Chief Marketing Officer, locations they have, their headquarters, any competitors, their annualized revenue, and any other publicly available financials.
- For the purposes of our research, we have identified David's Bridal here.
- David's Bridal started out in 1950 as a neighborhood bridal salon in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Fast forward to 2019, "David's Bridal is now an international wedding dress destination with more than 330 stores throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the United Kingdom."
- Here is their Pinterest account, their Instagram account, their Facebook account, their YouTube account, and their Twitter account.
- David's Bridal announced on January 18th, 2019 that it had successfully completed its financial restructuring and emerged from Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- On June 24th, 2019, David's Bridal appointed James Marcum as the new CEO. He will also join the David's board. Marcum replaces interim CEO Tom Lynch, who was appointed to the position in March following an executive shakeup.
- There is a new Chief Marketing Officer for David's Bridal. It was announced on November 7th, 2019 that Kelly Cook was appointed and joined the company on November 4. Ms. Cook's prior position was CMO at Pier 1. Prior to that she held executive roles at Kmart and Sears, "including interim acting president and chief digital and marketing officer. She also launched the "shoe lover" brand ethos at DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse as well as customer, digital, and data initiatives."
- According to market research firm IBISWorld, David’s Bridal sells about one in three U.S. wedding dresses through its more than 300 stores and website, with estimated annual retail revenue of $791 million. However, as David's Bridal is a private company, they are under no obligation to publish their revenues.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address the stated goals.
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- Our first hour of research was able to provide much of the required information. We were able to provide the new CMO's name for David's Bridal, as well as some general background information on her. And we named the new CEO. Additionally, we provided a revenue figure for the company, though it does not come directly from David's Bridal as they are a private company. We also provided a very general overview on the company, and the number of locations they have. Finally, we touched upon their Chapter 11 issues.
- We did not have time in the initial hour to do research on true competitors.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.