To have a comprehensive overview on Del Taco, which would include their current chief marketing officer, their C-Suite executive team, the number of their locations, their HQ location, their publicly available annualized revenue, their current agency of record for marketing and advertising, their products, and their competitors.
- For the purposes of our research, we have identified Del Taco here.
- Del Taco is the second largest Mexican-American quick service restaurant chain by units in the United States.
- Del Taco's first location was in Yermo, CA and was opened in 1964. Ed Hackbarth and David Jameson were the founders. "With a menu of 19¢ tacos, tostadas, fries and 24¢ cheeseburgers, Del Taco brought in $169 in sales on its first day in business, the equivalent of 900 tacos."
- Here is their Instagram account, their Facebook account, their YouTube account, and their Twitter account.
- Barry Westrum is the current Chief Marketing Officer for Del Taco.
- John D. Cappasola, Jr. has been the President and Chief Executive Officer of Del Taco since July 2017.
- “Del Taco has built a loyal following across Georgia over the years by offering an unbeatable combination of fresh food, served fast and at a tremendous value,” Barry Westrum, Chief Marketing Officer at Del Taco was quoted as saying.
- This statistic shows the total revenue of Del Taco restaurants in the United States from 2013 to 2018. On July 1, 2015, Del Taco became publicly traded company. At the end of the 2018 fiscal year, the company generated approximately 505.49 million U.S. dollars in revenue."
- Here is the fiscal fourth quarter and fiscal year 2018 financial results for the 16-week and 52-week periods ending January 1, 2019. Total reported revenue was $157.3 million for the fiscal fourth quarter 2018. Other financial information can be accessed here, which includes their SEC filings and annual reports from 2015 to present day.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address the stated goals.
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- Our first hour of research was able to provide much of the required information. We were able to provide the CMO's name for Del Taco, and we provided the CEO as well. Additionally, we provided a publicly available revenue figure for the company, as it is a publicly traded company. We also provided a very general overview on the company.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We are suggesting research that will leverage and build upon the background information found on Del Taco in the initial hour of research to present a cohesive overview on Del Taco. This will include a deeper look at the company which will include origins, how they grew, the number of locations, where their headquarters are, their C-Suite team, and their current agency of record for their advertising and marketing (along with 2-3 examples of creatives). Please check this box if we should proceed with this research.
We are also suggesting a complete biography, both personal and professional for their CMO, who was clearly identified in the initial research. In addition, we feel it would add value if we proceeded to find 10-12 unique recent news and media articles about Del Taco that chronicles any issues over the past 12 months. For each unique recent article found, we will provide the link to it as well as a description of what it is about. Please check this box if we should proceed with this research.
Additionally, we are suggesting research that finds 7 true competitors to Del Taco. For those competitors we will provide their names, their website page, why they are a competitor (why we chose them), and their value proposition. Subsequently, once we have those 7 true competitors, we will proceed with a competitive landscape on them, placing 2 companies in each landscape (we WILL include Del Taco in the CL, which will give us 8 companies in total to analyze). For each competitor, we will provide their competitive advantage, their strengths, their perceived weaknesses, any publicly available revenue, and cities/countries where they have a footprint. Please check this box if we should proceed with this research.