To provide a comprehensive overview on Duke Energy, which include a company overview, locations they have, their headquarters, any competitors, their annualized revenue, and any other publicly available financials.
- Duke Energy is an American electric power holding company. They provide electricity to 7.7 million retail customers in six states.
- Duke is one of US's largest power provider, generating 90% of the electricity in North Caroline.
- Its headquarters are in Charlotte, North Carolina. The company has assets in Canada and the United States.
- As a public company, Duke Energy's financial information can be found in its annual report. In 2018, the company's revenue was 24.5 billion.
- As of December 2018, the company had 30,083 employees.
- Duke's competitors include Exelon, Xcel Energy, and Public Service Enterprise Group.
- Duke Energy's subsidiaries are; Duke Energy Carolinas, Duke Energy Renewables, Duke Energy Progress, Piedmont Natural Gas, Duke Energy Ohio/Kentucky, Duke Energy Foundation, and Duke Energy Indiana.
Social Media Platforms
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address the stated goals.
Summary of Early Findings
- Our first hour of research was able to provide much of the required information. We were able to provide some background information, five of Duke Energy's C-suite executives, information on locations, and social media platforms.
- Due to time restrictions, we could not research on true competitors of Duke Energy
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We would recommend continued research to provide a more detailed background and overview of Duke Energy, including the company's origins and how they've grown since their founding, the remainder of their leadership and c-suite teams, any additional publicly available financial data about the company, and the company's agency of record for their marketing and advertising (along with 2-3 examples of creatives). Please check this box if we should proceed with this research.
We would further recommend a complete biography, both personal and professional, for the Director of Marketing identified during our early research. Further, we would recommend a press search for the company, to include 10-12 unique news articles published in the past 12-24 months about Duke Energy. For each article identified, we will provide a link to it, along with a brief description of the article. Please check this box if we should proceed with this research.
Finally, we would recommend additional research to identify seven true competitors to Duke Energy. For each, we will provide their name and website, why they've been included as a competitor, and their value proposition. Further, we would recommend research to provide a competitive landscape of those seven competitors alongside Duke Energy, including for each their competitive advantage, their strengths and weaknesses, their annual revenue, and any cities/states/countries where they have a footprint. Please check this box if we should proceed with this research.