To have an informed understanding of Hertz. This will include the current Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), the C-Suite executives, their competitors, their products, their current agency of record for marketing and advertising, their headquarters location, the number of employees, publicly available annual revenue, and the number of their locations.
- For the purposes of our research, we have identified Hertz here.
- Hertz can be found all over the world in nearly every country. As the second-largest US car rental company by sales, locations, and fleet size, Hertz operates in 150 countries, and in approximately 10,200 corporate and franchisee locations, including North America, Europe, Latin America, Africa, Asia, Australia, the Caribbean, the Middle East, and New Zealand.
- Kathryn V. Marinello is the president and chief executive officer of The Hertz Corporation, member of the board of directors of The Hertz Corporation, and alumna of Hofstra University.
- Jodi Allen is the executive vice president and chief marketing officer (CMO) at Hertz.
- Car rental company Hertz retained WPP's MEC as its media agency of record in the US, Canada and Latin America back in 2016.
- As of 2019, Hertz has taken their marketing in-house for Europe. They opened their own agency named Hertz Engine to handle all creatives there.
- Hertz's global holdings reports first quarter 2019 financial results can be found here. For the first quarter 2019, total revenues were $2.1 billion
- Hertz global holdings reports fourth quarter and full-year 2018 financial results can be found here. For the fourth quarter of 2018 total revenues were $2.3 billion. For the full 2018 year, the total revenues were 9.5 billion. "The core rental revenue, which excludes rentals to transportation network company drivers (TNC), generated 7% growth."
- This source gives a snapshot of Hertz's revenue from FY 2011 to FY 2018 (in million U.S. dollars). In the fiscal year of 2018, the car rental company generated approximately 9.5 billion U.S. dollars in revenue, which corroborates the prior source.
- Hertz's new policy of penalizing customers 50% for cancellations is not going over well. ""This is just the latest example of a company quietly devaluing its loyalty program," says Christopher Elliott, founder of the consumer advocacy organization Elliott Advocacy."
- Hertz filed a lawsuit against management consulting firm Accenture, which it hired in August 2016 to help redesign its website and mobile apps. But the firm was unable or unwilling to meet basic requirements of the contract, and did not make a single deadline, the suit states. "Hertz fired the firm in May 2018, by which time the car rental company had paid $32 million for its services. Hertz is now asking the firm to pay back this money, as well as millions more to cover the cost of repairing the project."
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address the stated goals.
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- Our first hour of research was able to provide much of the required information. We were able to provide the name of the current CMO, as well as the new CEO. Additionally, we provided a revenue figure for the company, which is accurate as it is a public company. We also provided the number of countries they are in and the number of corporate and franchisee locations. We were also able to provide the agency of record information for Europe and for the US, Canada and Latin America. We also provided two recent news articles detailing some issues Hertz has been having.
- We did not have time in the initial hour to do research on true competitors.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.