To have an informed understanding of Stance Socks. This will include the current Chief Marketing Officer (CM), the C-Suite executives, their competitors, their products, their current agency of record for marketing and advertising, their headquarters location, the number of employees, publicly available annual revenue, and the number of their locations.
- For the purposes of our research, we have identified Stance Socks here.
- Stance Socks can be found in over 40 countries.
- Stance lives by five things. Entrepreneurship, creativity, performance, personal responsibility, and gratitude.
- Stance has a CCO (chief creative officer), a VP of brand marketing, and an international marketing manager (IMM) There is no CMO. The chief creative officer is Candy Harris. The vice president of brand marketing is Nick Woolery. The international marketing manager is Kurumi Yoshimoto.
- Co-founder John Wilson was named the CEO of Stance in October 2019.
- Here is their Pinterest account, their Facebook account, their YouTube account, and their Twitter account.
- Stance is headquartered in San Clemente, California.
- Stance in November 2015, opened its first retail store in New York’s SoHo district. It ended that year with an estimated $180 million in revenue.
- According to Crunchbase, Stance has $186M in estimated revenue annually. As they are a private company, they are under no obligation to publish or disclose their annual revenue. Their last funding type was a series D, and they have between 101 – 250 employees.
- Stance took until the summer of 2018, "almost an entire decade into the company’s life, for the brand to launch its first official campaign."
- In 2016, Stance hired Zambezi to create the "Shop With the Force" campaign which featured gesture-based e-commerce. In other words, an online shopping interface that uses the customer's webcam to allow him or her to browse sock retailer Stance's items using only hand motions. Digital production studio Active Theory helped produce the experience.
- Here is a video creative for Stance Socks. It is 49 seconds long. It has had over 12,000 views. "The campaign was developed in-house by Stance’s creative and marketing teams with video production collaboration with Portland-based Kamp Grizzly. The print portion features the thread art of Mexican artist Victoria Villasana, and Chilean artist Jose Rosmussi who is based in Berlin."
- "Surfing champion John John Florence, musicians Rihanna and Willow Smith, professional golfer Bubba Watson, and NBA champion Klay Thompson are just a few who endorse Stance."
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address the stated goals.
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- Our first hour of research was able to provide much of the required information. We were able to provide the names of three people who have marketing responsibilities, and we named the new CEO. Additionally, we provided a revenue figure for the company, though it does not come directly from Stance as they are a private company. We also provided the number of countries they are in, and the number of employees they have, but that latter figure was from Crunchbase. Finally, while we were not able to find an agency of record in the initial hour of research, all evidence so far points to them doing it in house, but using partnerships to do so. We did provide two examples of creatives.
- We did not have time in the initial hour to do research on true competitors.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We are suggesting research that will leverage and build upon the background information found on Stance in the initial hour of research to present a cohesive overview on Stance. This will include a deeper look at the company which will include origins, how they grew, what countries they are now in, the products they offer, where their headquarters are, and any other information that can be added upon concerning the company revenue and any other publicly available financials. Additionally, we are also suggesting research that will look to see who the current agency of record is for their marketing and advertising and confirming whether they handle it in house and/or use agencies. We will also provide 3-4 additional creatives that Stance has done in the past 24 months. Please check this box if we should proceed with this research.
We are also suggesting a complete biography, both personal and professional for each of their THREE marketing executives which were named in the Strategy. We are also suggesting research that presents the C-suite team with information for each of them. In addition, we feel it would add value if we proceeded to find 10-12 unique recent news and media articles about David's Bridal that chronicles the retailers issues over the past 12-24 months (prioritizing the most recent). For each unique recent article found, we will provide the link to it as well as a description of what it is about. Please check this box if we should proceed with this research.
Additionally, we are suggesting research that finds 7 true competitors to Stance. For those competitors we will provide their names, their website page, why they are a competitor (why we chose them), and their value proposition. Subsequently, once we have those 7 true competitors, we will proceed with a competitive landscape on them, placing 2 companies in each landscape (we WILL include Stance in the CL which will give us 8 companies in total to analyze). For each competitor, we will provide their competitive advantage, their strengths, their perceived weaknesses, any publicly available revenue, and cities/countries where they have a footprint. Please check this box if we should proceed with this research.