Preliminary research indicates that the majority of demographic information requested (age, employment status, marital and family status, income, gender, and geography) is readily available and has been provided below. Occupation of visitor data is more limited.
- The average age of a visitor to Texas in 2017 was 48.2 years old.
- The breakdown of visitors by age group was as follows.
- In 2017, 66.3% of visitors to Texas were employed.
- Retired visitors represented 21.3% of visitors, while 12.3% of visitors were unemployed.
MARITAL AND FAMILY STATUS
- In 2017, 66.8% of visitors to Texas were married compared to 21.9% who were never married and 11.4% who were divorced.
- Of the visitors to Texas in 2017, 35.2% had children in the household compared to 64.8% that had no children in the household.
- The average party size to visit Texas in 2017 was 1.79 persons.
- The average household income of 2017 visitors to Texas was $95,537.
- The breakdown of visitors by income bracket was as follows.
- Under $25,000 - 10.1%
- $25,000 — $49,999 - 21.6%
- $50,000 — $74,999 - 15.5%
- $75,000 — $99,9999 - 16.4%
- $100,000 — $149,999 - 19.6%
- $150,000 or more — 16.7%
- In 2017, 27.7% of visitors to Texas were single male adults, while 21.3% were single female adults.
- Couples (one male and one female adult) constituted 27.2% of visitors to Texas and children were present 11.9% of the time.
- Two male or two female adults constituted 7.4% of the visitors to Texas and three or more adults represented 4.5% of the visitors to Texas.
- In 2018-19, the top states from which visitors to Texas originate are Louisiana, Oklahoma, California, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, New York, and Colorado.
- Internationally, the top countries from which visitors to Texas originate are Mexico, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Germany, Australia, and Brazil.
- Business visitors represented 20.1% of the total visitors to Texas in 2017.
- Of those visitors, 9.3% visited Texas for meetings (4.4% for seminars, 1.9% for conventions, and 3.1% for other group meetings).
- Of those visitors 10.8% visited Texas for transient reasons to include consulting or client services (2.9%), sales and purchasing (1.6%), construction and repair (1.2%), government and military (1.0%), inspection and audit (0.9%), and other business (3.1%).
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.