Tik Tok in Greece
To understand the popularity of the Tik Tok social platform in the Greek market and the profile of people who use this platform.
TIK TOK OVERVIEW
- Tik Tok is a Chinese social platform, "borne out of an online lip-syncing craze," that focuses on video sharing and has an estimated 500 million users.
- In China, Tik Tok is called Douyin, and 35.87% of Chinese users are in Tier 4 (smaller) cities in China.
- Tik Tok is anticipated to be a strong competitor for Instagram.
- Influencers on Tik Tok have huge followings.
- The app exceeded one billion installs in February 2019.
- Tik Tok is available in 150 markets and 75 languages.
- Tik Tok has offices in "Beijing, Berlin, Jakarta, London, Los Angeles, Moscow, Mumbai, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, and Tokyo."
- Tik Tok does not offer paid advertising, but influencer marketing is becoming popular.
- Influencer Marketing Hub suggests seven platforms to use to find Tik Tok influencers.
USER PROFILETik Tok is primarily popular with those in the 16-24 age group, which makes up 41% of the platform's user base. Teens and preteens love Tik Tok.Male users slightly outpace female users, 55.6% to 44.4%; however, Douyin users (in China) trend more female (66.4%) Users like to see other users' creativity and to be creative, while engaging with friends. Some 66% of users viewed someone else's video in the previous month, while 55% uploaded their own video.Teenagers are spending nearly an hour per day on the Tik Tok app.
TIK TOK IN GREECE
- Based on a map including in a Business of Apps article, it appears that Tik Tok may have higher penetration in Greece than some other European countries, but specific figures are not included.
- SimilarWeb does not list Greece among the top countries providing traffic to Tik Tok's website, instead showing the US (21.71%) topping the list, followed by India, Russia, Turkey, and Vietnam. Data on other countries is paywalled.
- Another SimilarWeb analysis of Tik Tok shows Canada, Germany, the UK, and France as countries using the app the most.
- Greek is listed as one of Tik Tok's available languages.
- Tik Tok videos tagged with "Greece" suggest it does have a following there.
- The TikTokGram hashtag and user analytics site shows over 856 million Tik Tok videos with the #greece.
- Tik Tok is listed as the 20th most popular app in Greece in SimilarWeb.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.