Tinder - Consumer Perception
To obtain insights into the consumer perception of dating apps, especially how they view Tinder in comparison to other dating apps such as Hinge, OkCupid, Match.com, and Bumble. This is to help inform a business pitch.
- YouGov, a global public opinion and data company, recently published a report on what Americans think of dating apps. According to the study, about half (48%) of those who have never used dating apps think it is dangerous. However, 42% of those who have dating profiles believe it's an interesting space.
- Furthermore, both users and non-users of dating services tend to agree that dating services are shallow. According to the study, 29% of users and 28% of non-users believe it is superficial.
- Sixty-four percent of Americans prefer to meet their romantic partner without using a dating app or website, while 57% of those who use dating services agree. According to News Corp, 53% of Millennials and a quarter (25%) of Baby Boomers stated that they would be embarrassed to admit they had met their partner digitally.
- According to a recent study, people who use Tinder compulsively tend to feel lonelier than they did in the first place, especially those with low self-esteem.
- When it comes to user-preferred dating apps, it all comes down to personal choice and goal. Several people stated that they preferred Tinder to others due to its originality and the sheer number of matchable prospects. Whereas in the case of Bumble, women seem to appreciate the power of choosing whom they'd like to talk to even after they've been matched with such prospects.
PROPRIETARY DATABASE SEARCH RESULTS
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We are suggesting further research that will build upon the initial findings. To that end, we propose research to identify the top 5 - 7 reasons users prefer to use any of the listed dating apps. We will be focusing on Tinder, Hinge, OkCupid, Match.com, and Bumble.
We can also help identify the top growing dating apps or service in the last two years, and why people are moving over to these services.