Top 10 EPOS/POS for SMB
To identify the top 10 Electronic Point of Sale providers (EPOS)/ Point of Sale (POS) systems for SMBs and their market share in North America (USA & Canda) and Europe.
- We were mainly able to find the top global players for the Point of Sale Market, however, a breakdown for their market share in the North American and European market, was not publicly available.
- In 2016, the global POS terminal market (hardware) was estimated to be $54.6 B. The largest region being North America with over US$17 B in revenue.
- In North America, newer merchants prefer cloud-based POS (62%) to on-premise systems (38%).
- The point-of-sale (POS) terminals market is classified into fixed and mobile POS (mPOS) terminals. "Fixed terminals are traditional PC/ monitor POS systems installed on counters or reception areas. On the other hand, mPOS are more convenient, chargeable, and low-cost products and can also perform various functions such as financial transactions, data analysis, and inventory management."
- "The mPOS terminals segment is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 12.8% from 2020 to 2027. mPOS systems are preferred over traditional systems owing to advantages such as paper-free receipt services, enhanced security, free floor space, and reduced customer wait time."
- Small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) are more inclined to invest in mPOS systems due to its flexibility, scalability, and low installation costs. Mobile POS terminals also enable small businesses to carry out advanced functionalities such as inventory management, store management, and analytics to improve business operations.
- "According to Statista, the transaction value of USA mobile POS payments in 2018 will be US$64 B. They estimate growth at 32.0% per year."
- "The North America market was valued at USD 2.4 billion and also held the largest share of the overall market in 2019."
- "The growing number of payment technologies, such as Near-field Communication (NFC) and contactless payments has favorably impacted the North America market growth."
Global POS Market Players
- For the initial hour, we tried identifying as much of the requested information as possible. We were mainly able to find the top global players for the Point of Sale Market. A breakdown for their market share or a pie chart of their share in the North American and European markets was not publicly available. We also found that most SMBs prefer to invest in mPOS systems.
- We can also continue the research to find insights on mPOS/Electronic Point of Sale providers (EPOS)/ Point of Sale (POS) systems in Europe and do a deeper dive into the identified global providers above, if this is of interest.
- Feel free to add or select an option below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.