Top Android Models US
To determine the best-selling smartphone models in the US in the last two years.
While we were able to clearly identify the top US smartphone manufacturers by market share, we were not able to identify the best-selling individual models in the region as most of the information was either focused on North America as a whole or globally. However, we were able to find some information about some of the popular Android models in the US in 2019 and the first quarter of 2020. As such, we have separated our findings into two separate groups, those that are specific to the US and those that are specific to the global landscape.
Top Android Models in the US
- According to a report by Counterpoint, Samsung is the second largest mobile phone producer in the US, with a 32% market share, a 4 points increase since Q1 of 2019.
- Lenovo and LG are the other two mobile manufacturers that occupy a large portion of the US market, with a 10% market share and a 4% market share, respectively.
- In terms of sales, the Samsung Galaxy A10e and the Samsung Galaxy A20 were the most sold Android smartphones for the first quarter of 2020.
- The Galaxy Note 9 and Galaxy S8 have also been noted to be extremely popular with the US public due to their innovative characteristics.
- Out of all of the manufacturers, however, OnePlus saw the biggest growth in year-over-year (YoY) sales due to their competitively-priced 5G smartphone offerings.
- This is the second consecutive quarter that OnePlus smartphones have experienced a serious growth in the market, as their sales in Q4 of 2019 grew by 182% YoY.
- Google Pixel also showed some great results in Q3 of 2019, growing at 139% YoY due to the strong performance of the Pixel 3a and 3a XL.
- In 2018 and the first quarter of 2019, Motorola exhibited a significant growth, showing a 54% increase in sales in Q3 of 2018 compared to last year. A major part of that growth was due to the sharp decline of ZTE's market share, which was caused by the sanctions imposed by the US government.
Top Android Models Globally
- According to Omdia, the Galaxy A10, the Galaxy A50, and the Galaxy A20 were the three Android models that shipped the most phones around the world in 2019, with 30.3 million units, 24.2 million units, and 19.2 million units, respectively.
- Xiomi's Redmi Note 7 and the Galaxy J2 Core were the other two Android models that shipped more than 15.2 million units in 2019.
- According to MarketPuls, the OPPO A5 also showed a considerable market share in terms of global revenue in 2019, occupying a 1.3 % market share in the global smartphone market. However, it has been noted that a majority of their sales come from the APAC region.
- In 2018, The Galaxy Grand Prime Plus, the Galaxy S9, the Galaxy S9 Plus, and Huawei's P20 Lite were among the top most sold smartphone models in the world.
- In the first quarter of 2020, however, Samsung's Galaxy A51 has been dominated the global market, selling over six million copies.
- The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus and Samsung Galaxy A10, along with Xiaomi's Redmi 8 and Redmi Note 8, make up the rest of the top five best-selling Android smartphones in the world for Q1 of 2020.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.