Top Talent in IT/Tech
To identify 4-6 methods companies are using to attract top talent in the IT/Tech space and what challenge each method is addressing.
- Attracting quality tech talent is a struggle, although every business is seeking them out in order to have an upper hand.
- These candidates last about 10 days in the market while the recruitment for other professions takes an average of 52 days.
- HR and recruiters are embracing technology in order to improve the speed, efficiency and presence of their processes.
- High potential candidates choose companies that make their internal culture public. For this reason, companies are transparent about their business in order to attract the talent.
- These candidates look out for a company's social media presence and job ratings on various sites. These sites include Kununu and Glassdoor.
- They tend to apply to companies that have a positive reputation and are active on their various social media platforms.
- This method addresses recruitment from the perspective of earning rather than buying talent.
- It allows the top talent to have engaging experiences through effective communication.
- This method maps out the candidate journey, which resemble the consumer funnel.
- "Attract + Convert + Close + Delight"
- This method addresses the challenge that there are fewer talented people than there are positions/companies. For this reason, staying candidate-centric will be of great benefit to any company seeking to recruit.
- Statistics show that 69% of potential employees will most likely apply if the employer is involved in managing the brand.
- An employer who has a strong public image will most likely attract great talent.
- A sense of openness allows potential employees to connect with the employer and the brand.
- When aspects of the team culture are made public, it enhances trust. These items include work processes, managerial attitude, and team diversity.
- Dedicating a page in the company website to recruitment and details of the job positions is effective.
- These pages should be designed to attract new talent. It should not simply be a listing of jobs.
- This page is a great avenue to share more of the company culture and belief.
- Adding testimonials is a great tool in building trust and confidence in potential candidates.
4. Recruitment Video Marketing
- According to the NY Times, the average attention span of consumers is at 8 seconds and it will only decrease. For this reason, video marketing is the most effective way to pass on a message creatively.
- Research shows that 65% of video watchers watch more than 75% of any video.
- Posting information on social media increases the chances of it being visible to potential candidates.
- Analyzing the social media use of potential talent allows recruiters to determine how best to target them.
6. Employee Referral Programs (ERPs)
- Looking inside the company to get talent through referrals is one of the best ways to tackle recruitment.
- Employees who already understand the company are best-placed to determine whether candidates would be attracted to the brand/company.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.