Audiobook Market Share Breakdown
To find information on the market share breakdown of audiobooks. Specifically, to find the percentage of audiobook revenue that Amazon's Audible earns annually.
- In 2017, audiobook sales revenue in the United States increased from $2.1 billion in the previous year to $2.5 billion.
- In 2018, audiobook sales revenue in the United States was valued at $940 million
- On the other hand, according to Crunchbase, Audible has an estimated annual revenue of $200 million.
- With the above figures, the approximate percentage market share of audible in the United States can be calculated as follows:
- 2017 Audible U.S. % Market Share = (($200 million/2.5 billion) x 100) = 8%.
- 2018 Audible U.S. % Market Share = (($200 million/940 million) x 100) = 21.27%.
Summary of Findings
- From the calculations above, it was concluded that Audible's percentage market share in the United States audiobook market was an estimated 8% in 2017 and grew to an estimated 21.27% in 2018.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.