Top Tax/Duty Free Spenders
To obtain information on the largest spending countries of tax and duty free products in 2018 (or 2019) to gain insights on passenger traffic by region and country. The information required is a global list of countries based on spending (total/average), regional spending (NAM, LATAM, EUROPE, MEA, APAC), and spending by the main European countries.
- Global duty free sales totaled $67.74 billion in 2018.
- The top 5 duty/tax free spenders by nationality in 2018 were China, South Korea, UK, France and Japan.
- The top 14 spenders by nationality have been entered into the attached presentation.
- Initial research indicates that average spend is not as readily available as market share per country. Where average spend is available, it is reported in ranges.
- The top duty free shoppers in APAC are China, India, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and Hong Kong.
- The top APAC duty free shoppers make up 27.3% of the market share spending.
- The top duty free shoppers in Europe are UK, France, Germany, Russia, Spain, and Italy.
- The top European duty free shoppers make up 17.4% of the market share spending.
- The top North American duty free shoppers make up 9% of the market share spending.
- The United States makes up 7.7% of the market share.
- Canada makes up 1.3% of the market share.
- According to TRBusiness Magazine, trending countries to watch in terms of duty/tax free spending are UAE, Brazil, and Switerzland.
- UAE ranks third in the average amount spent on duty/tax free products per person at greater than $200.
- Brazil ranks fifth in the average amount spent on duty/tax free products per person at $150 to $200.
- Switzerland ranks eighth at $100 to $150 per person.
PROPRIETARY RESEARCH AVAILABLE
This market research report on global duty free and travel retail market offers analysis on market size & forecast, market share, industry trends, growth drivers, and vendor analysis. The market study also includes insights on segmentation by products (fragrance and cosmetics, liquor, fashion and accessories, tobacco goods, electronics, watches, and confectionery) and by geography (APAC, Europe, Americas, Middle East, and Africa). ( Arizton Advisory and Intelligence, $3,500)
If you'd like us to purchase this report on your behalf, just let us know!
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.