Top Selling Smartphones: US
To provide the top ten selling smartphones and/or phone models in the US over the previous 24 months. This wiil be used to inform smartphone listing decisions for a smartphone sales website.
Top Selling Smartphones
- Between 2018Q1 to 2020Q1, the top US smartphone shipment in the US were Apple, Samsung, LG, Lenovo (Motorola), and others. While the report is ranked based on market share and segmented per quarter, the ranking generally remained the same although their market shares fluctuated.
- The report also included some insights into sales drivers such as the launch of Galaxy A series between 2019Q1 — 2020Q1, iPhone 11 series in Q3-Q4 2019, among others.
Top Selling Smartphone Models
- According to Statista, some top US selling phone models from Jan 2018 to Jan 2020 include iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XR, iPhone 8, iPhone XS Max, Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10 Plus, iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, Galaxy S9 Plus, iPhone 7, Galaxy S8, and Galaxy A10e.
- In North America, the top selling phone models in 2019 were Apple iPhone XR, Apple iPhone 11, Apple iPhone 8, Apple iPhone Pro Max, Apple iPhone XS Max
- Globally, an Omdia report shows that the top 10 selling smartphone models in 2018 were iPhone 8 (31.5 million units), iPhone X (27.5 million units), iPhone 8 Plus (25.6 million units), Galaxy Grand Prime Plus (25.2 million units), iPhone XR (23.1 million units), iPhone Xs Max (21.3 million units ), Galaxy S9 (19.3 million units), Galaxy S9 Plus (16.1 million units), Huawei P20 Lite (16 million units), and iPhone Xs (15.5 million units).
- Furthermore, in 2019, they were Apple iPhone XR (46.3 million units), Apple iPhone 11 (37.3 million units), Galaxy A10 (30.3 million units), Galaxy A50 (24.2 million units), Galaxy A20 (19.2 million units), Apple iPhone Pro Max (17.6 million units), Apple iPhone 8 (17.4 million units), Redmi Note 7 (16.4 million units), Apple iPhone 11 Pro (15.5 million units), and Galaxy J2 Core (15.2 million units).
- Quite contrasting, CounterPoint Research also published the top 10 selling smartphone models globally in 2019, including iPhone XR, iPhone 11, Galaxy A50, Galaxy A10, Oppo A5, iPhone 8, Galaxy A20, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 7, and iPhone XS Max.
- During our preliminary research, we were able to identify some top selling US phone models from 2018 to 2020.
- We were also able to identify the same for North America and globally for 2018 and 2019.
- Lastly, we could identify the top selling smartphones in the US from 2018 to 2020.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.