Top Watched Sporting Events
Identify and rank the excitement levels of ongoing and upcoming major sports events/competition in order to inform the development of a campaign. Excitement levels could be determined based on how likely consumers are to watch/participate in the sports event/competition, or another method of measurement.
- The Tour de France, a cycling competition in Belgium and France, is a currently ongoing competition that began on July 6, 2019 and will run until July 28, 2019.
- The British Open, the oldest global golf competition, began on July 14, 2019 in Northern Ireland and will run until July 21, 2019.
- The X Games is an extreme sports competition that is hosted and broadcast by ESPN and will run from August 1-4, 2019.
- The U.S. Open is the national championship for tennis in the U.S. It will be held in New York, USA this year from August 26, 2019 to September 8, 2019.
- The baseball World Series is the championship series of games for the American and National League champion teams. It has not been announced yet where it will take place, but it will run from October 20-30, 2019.
- In 2018, the 5 most-watched sporting events in the U.S. as of July were the Eagles-Patriots Super Bowl 52 game with 106 million viewers, the Jaguars-Patriots AFC Championship game with 44.08 million viewers, the Vikings-Eagles NFC Championship game with 42.77 million viewers, the Saints-Vikings NFC Divisional game with 36.02 million viewers, and the Jaguars-Steelers AFC Divisional game with 31.45 million viewers.
- Other most-watched events in 2018 included the Winter Olympics Night 2 (26 million viewers), the Cavs-Warriors NBA Finals Game 2 (18.47 million viewers), and the Kentucky Derby Race segment (15 million viewers).
- In addition to our public search, we found this report from Richard K. Miller & Associates that you may find useful. If you would like us to purchase this research for $385.00 on your behalf, just let us know! We can send it directly to you OR loop it into any subsequent research. The cost will be billed back to your account as normal.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.