Funding to Solve Public/Worldwide Challenges
To find out examples of current problems and challenges that are public and involve a budget that will be paid to people/organisations who could find a solution. The funds should ideally be meted out by organizations like the EU/UN or a specific country or union of countries.
- The UN system, is made up of the UN itself and many programmes, funds, and specialized agencies, all with their own leadership and budget.
- Some of these funds and programmes are United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), World Food Programme (WFP) etc.
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS:
- To address this challenge, the Global Fund mobilizes and invests more than US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in more than 100 countries.
Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund : UK
- The Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund is part of the UK government’s Industrial Strategy and is seen as a core pillar in the government’s commitment to increase funding in research and development by £4.7 billion over 4 years to strengthen UK science and business.
- Challenge areas shortlisted for future support include: accelerating detection of disease, commercialising quantum, digital security by design, driving the electric revolution, future flight, industrial decarbonisation, manufacturing made smarter, sustainable plastic packaging and transforming foundation industries.
The Malawi Innovation Challenge Fund (MICF)
- The funding program is supported by the United Nations Development Programme, UK Aid, IFAD through the PRIDE programme, and the Federal Republic of Germany through KFW.
AGFUND’s Financial Grants for NGOs, INGOs, UN Agencies and Individuals
- The Arab Gulf Programme for Development (AGFUND) has announced financial prize grants of up to US $1 million to NGOs, International NGOs, UN Agencies, Government institutions and also individuals around the world under the Prince Talal International Prize for Human Development.
- Stemmed from AGFUND’s approach to enhancing development performance and support key development projects, the overall objective behind the Prize idea is to contribute to the efforts aiming to achieve sustainability in development and investment in people.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.