Identify/calculate the sales volume in $USD of tortilla chips throughout the year, broken down by region, type, demographic, etc. in order to inform decisions around campaigns, promotions, etc.
- As of April 22, 2018, the top vendors of tortilla chips by sales were Frito Lay ($3,799.39M), Barcel USA LLC ($335.78), private label brands ($285.71M), Truco Enterprises ($196.74M), and Mission Foods Inc. ($83.35M).
- There are a number of market reports regarding the 2018/2019 global tortilla chip market, such as one published by WiseGuy Reports, another from Future Market Insights, one from Mintel, and even one from Reuters. However, each of these are paid reports that require a login and/or purchase, and thus cannot be accessed. The overviews for each of these reports states that there is a breakdown of data both by region and product type.
- According to a study published by Cargill, between the years of 2002 and 2017, the amount of new tortilla chip products that have launched in the U.S. have increased by 630%.
- As of the end of 2017, the U.S. tortilla chip market accounts for 35% of the snack market, accounting for about $8 billion in sales annually and an expected CAGR of 3.6% from 2017-2022.
PROPOSED NEXT STEPS
Information on tortilla chip sales is dependent upon the geographic area that we are focused on. There does appear to be information available, but a lot of it is in the form of a white paper or industry report that needs to be purchased in order to access. Those reports state in the overviews that the data is available by country, region, and tortilla product type (i.e. chips, taco shells, etc.). In order to reach your goals, we suggest first replying to the clarifications below, and then confirming our proposed scope. Thanks!
1. Identify the demographic of people that purchase tortilla chips in the U.S. (i.e. age, gender, income level, other products they purchase, ethnicity, living location, education level, etc.) (3 hours, $75).
2. If you want global tortilla sales volume, we suggest calculating that via triangulation using industry reports and graphical data we locate to provide an estimate in $USD (3 hours, $75).
3. Identify the different types of tortilla chips that people in your preferred geographic scope like to purchase (i.e. multigrain, corn, blue corn, etc.), in what amounts, and why (i.e. for snacking, for cooking, for parties, etc.) (3 hours, $75)
1. What geographic scope are we focused on tortilla chip sales for? U.S.? Global? Something else?
2. Are we focused on all variety of tortilla chips, or something else in particular?
3. Do you want to know the sales volume in $USD?