Total Addressable Market
Find the total addressable market for startup accelerators, entrepreneurship classes, and any other time-bound pay-to-join communities. Find the number of these programs in the US, the average membership for each, and other verticals that fit the criteria.
- A 2016 report from Gust (the most recently published report of its kind) found that there were 178 accelerator programs in the US. A 2019 report corroborates that number, finding 186 accelerator programs in the US.
- Globally, Gust's 2016 report found 579 startup accelerator programs.
- In the US in 2016, 3,269 startups were accelerated by the 178 programs, making an average of 18.3 organizations per accelerator.
- The 2019 report found that 3,296 startups were accelerated by the 186 accelerator programs, for an average of 17.7 startups per accelerator.
- There are approximately 540 AACSB-accredited business schools in the United States. This figure is not inclusive of every entrepreneurship course, as it does not include non-accredited business/entrepreneurship programs or those accredited by a different institution.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.