Type 2 diabetes, Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease, and Cardiovascular Disease projections over the next 12 months in the U.S.
To find the projections of new patients entering the US market over the next 12 months for the following diseases: type 2 diabetes, anemia of chronic kidney disease, and cardiovascular disease. Note that the term heart disease has been amplified to cardiovascular disease to include stroke that is also targeted by Brilinta drug.
Diabetes type 2 (D2)
- There are about 29 million people in the U.S. with D2.
- The overall Diabetes percent prevalence is projected to increase by 0.3% per year, on average, of what approximately 90-95% of them are D2 diabetes (0,28% D2 increase).
- 81,200 new D2 patients are expected to enter the US market over the next 12 months.
Anemia of chronic kidney disease (ACKD)
- Around 37 million US adults have chronic kidney disease and about 33,3 million (90%) of them would eventually have ACKD.
- During the past decade, the chronic kidney disease rate has risen by approx. 2,5% yearly in the U.S. (2,25% ACKD increase)
- 749,250 new ACKD patients are expected to enter the US market over the next 12 months.
Cardiovascular disease (CVD)
- As of 2015, 102,7 million (41.5% of adults) in the US have some kind of CVD. The prevalence of CVD is projected to rise to 131,2 million by 2035 (28,5 million increase in 20 years period).
- Approx. 1,4 million new CVD patients are expected to enter the US market over the next 12 months
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.