U.S. CRE Assets
To determine the number and volume of assets transacted in the US commercial real estate industry in the past five years and the current year. Also, find the projected number and volume for the next five years.
The volume of assets transacted in the US commercial real estate (CRE) industry in the past five years was found during the initial research. More information on the topic has been presented below.
US CRE Assets Transaction 2015-2019
- According to Colliers International's research report, the annual transaction volume of the CRE assets in the US was $547 billion in 2015.
- In 2016, the annual transaction volume in the US was $492 billion.
- In 2017, the annual transaction volume in the US was $464 billion.
- In 2018, the annual transaction volume in the US was $562 billion. The volume increased after two years of continuous decline.
- All the numbers presented above are based on the transactions that had a volume of more than $2.5 million. The report by Colliers International was the only credible report found during the initial research for the historical breakdown.
- According to a report published by Deloitte, the CRE assets transaction volume in the US increased by "2 percent year-over-year to $119 billion in the second quarter of 2019." This is the most recent data available on the transaction volume of the US CRE assets for 2019.
- According to a report on JLL, the investment in the CRE assets in the Americas reached $347 billion in 2019. The volume was dominated by the investment in the US assets.
- A research report published by CBRE estimates the investment volume for US CRE assets in 2020 to be between $478 billion and $502 billion. No further data on the transaction volume of the US CRE assets was publicly available.
- According to a market report, the US CRE assets market is expected to grow by a CAGR of more than 1% during the forecast period of 2020-2025 and reach $1 trillion by 2025. Similarly, the transaction volume is expected to remain stable during this forecast period. More information on the topic has been locked under a paywall.
- While we were able to find the historical breakdown for 2015-2018, full information for 2019 could not be found. However, credible information has been presented for the second quarter of 2019.
- The information for the current year has not been provided in any reports. However, the projected volume for the CRE assets investment in the US was found during the initial research. The information might be unavailable due to the lack of research conducted on the topic in 2020.
- Similarly, the transaction volume for the next five years was also publicly unavailable. Therefore, the projected volume for the total market has been presented in the research.
- No information on the number of CRE assets transactions could be found during the initial research.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.