To compile four case studies that focus on innovations that tourist attractions have come up with. The innovations should be relevant to any of the following areas:
• Animal interactions
• Exhibit interactions
• Playgrounds and play areas
• Rest areas
• Transport around large parks
• Shows, demonstrations, live feedings, etc.
• Food & Beverage
• New business models to increase revenue
• Driving repeat visits from tourists and locals
• Bonding tourists (family, friends and strangers)
This research should be focused specifically on zoos, bird parks, and Disneyland. In the event that case studies for these specific types of establishments cannot be obtained, the scope of the research can be expanded to focus on similar establishments (i.e. theme parks, museums).
For each case study, the following should be provided: 1) a brief description of the attraction, 2) an analysis of the innovation, 3) the business implication/results/success metrics/outcomes of the innovation (as much hard data as possible for this part), and 4) any comments/quotes from individuals who have visited the attraction and have commented on the innovation (i.e. highlight the uniqueness of the innovation/experience).