To find information about the company Tracfone. Information sought includes background and history
, purchases of mobile companies and the strategy behind them
, public strategic vision
, current stable of brands and their overview, revenue
, historical media spend by channel
and any standout selling point or offer. The information will be used as research for a client.
Background and History
- Tracfone is a 100% owned subsidiary of American Movil, a Mexican telecom conglomerate.
- American Movil completed the full purchase of Tracfone in May 2016 with the acquisition of the remaining 1.8% not its control for $124,673.
- Tracfone is therefore a private company that provides wireless voice as well as wireless data services in the U.S.
Purchases of Mobile Companies (and the strategy behind them
- Tracfone acquired certain assets of T-Mobile in September 2016, including the brands known as Walmart Mobile and Go Smart.
- The idea behind those acquisitions was the expansion of the Company’s distribution channels, the addition of an incremental revenue stream, and the growth of subscribers.
Current Stable of Brands and Their Overview
- Tracfone's brands include NET10 Wireless, Simple Mobile, Total Wireless, Walmart Family Mobile, and several other smaller brands.
- TracFone’s revenues reached $2.0 billion in Q3 2019, mostly generated through services, which represented $1.7 billion of the total, an annual increase of 0.9%.
- TracFone counts 21.229 million total subscribers in the U.S.
- These subscribers are spread between the company's different brands: 9.037 million subscribers with Straight Talk brands, 2.228 million with SafeLink brand and 9.474 million for all the other brands combined, including Walmart Family Mobile, Simple Mobile and Total Wireless.
- TracFone Wireless spent under $100 million on advertising in digital, print, and national TV in 2018.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.