To gain a better understanding of business agility and leadership, including ways in which leadership can be trained to be more agile and 4-5 clearly defined agile implementation strategies. This will be used to inform consultants and clients and to facilitate them with the knowledge that is valuable for the coaching process.
Our first round of research turned the following results:
- "Agility is the ability of an organization to renew itself, adapt, change quickly, and succeed in a rapidly changing, ambiguous, turbulent environment; it is not incompatible with stability—quite the contrary since agility requires stability for most companies. "
- Adopting lean-agile practices across an organization represents a vital transformation as it reconstructs the DNA of traditional organizations. In order to effectively make the transition, "business leaders must be coached, as their mindset will influence change throughout the organization."
- Agility coaching for business leaders exercises several vital tools and practices, including seminars and workshop training, including managerial style, difficult conversations, personal development programs, client understanding exercises, teams, and more. This is done to transform the mindset of the leaders and to make them more agile.
- In general terms, the coaching can be bifurcated into five simple stages, which include the identification of agility issues in both the organization and the teams. These issues should be discussed with the leaders, and their output should be taken to understand their perception better.
- Next, the entire organization situation needs to analyzed and evaluated to build a solid plan for attaining business agility. Business leaders should be involved in the making of this plan, their ideas and their thought process should be considered at every step by the agility coaches. After analyzing the issues and curating the road map, business leaders should be engaged in discussions, workshops, and coaching sessions. Next, skill development practices should be incorporated to resolve the current gap in the organization and to fix the current issues.
- "In addition to being able to lead in this new agile way of working, it is important for leaders to understand the key elements of two other relatively new disciplines: design thinking and business-model innovation."
- "Leaders need three new sets of capabilities for agile transformations; first, they must transform themselves to evolve new personal mind-sets and behaviors."
- "Next, they need to transform their teams to work in new ways and then, it’s essential to build the capabilities to transform the organization by building agility into the design and culture of the whole enterprise."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.