Tree Loss for Paper
The goal is to determine how many trees are cut down each day globally to make both toilet paper and office paper.
- It takes about 24 trees to make one ton of office paper.
- Up to 160,000 trees are cut down per day globally, and a significant portion of those are used to make paper.
- Using one ton of recycled paper can save about 17 trees from being cut down.
- Approximately 27,000 trees are cut down for toilet paper every day.
- America uses approximately 15 million trees worth of toilet paper every year.
- One tree can make about 100 pounds of toilet paper.
- Americans use 20% of the world's toilet paper supply.
- In America, only 2% of toilet paper sales come from recycled toilet paper.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.