To obtain information about trends in the global airline market including general trends today, projections of its market size, regulatory changes, the industry's economic environment and social trends.
Market Size and Projections
- The market size for the global airline industry is $825 billion and there are 23,871 businesses. Growth within the industry was at a rate of 0.5% between 2014 and 2019.
- In December 2019, the International Air Transport Association (IATA) estimated that the industry will make at least $29.3 billion in net profit in 2020.
- The market size is expected to increase in 2020 exceeding $849 billion.
- Some governments have been putting measures in place to reduce international flights in China the spread of COVID-19 and this has lead to regulatory changes including reduced international flights in China.
- Some airlines have reduced capacity to specific geographies including the U.S.
- Continued reductions are expected of at least 20% in fleet size, especially in regions such as "Western Europe, Asia-Pacific, China, and North America".
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.