Covid-19 Business Reopening Communication Trends
To find trends related to the communication of re-opening of businesses in the recreation, entertainment and restaurant industries specifically. The focus will be on the balance between messaging on celebration/benefits vs. safety precautions/procedures.
The CheeseCake Factory
- In a message posted on their website, the company communicated on the 13th of May 2020 on the imminent reopening of their dining rooms.
- The message focused strongly on the importance of health and wellbeing of customers and staff, mentioning that "The health and wellbeing of our staff members and guests is our top priority, and we
are approaching the reopening of our restaurants’ dining rooms with that as our guiding principle".
- It goes on to describe in details all the health and hygiene measures that will be introduced such as "Reconfiguring seating in the dining room, patio and bar to meet social distancing guidelines
,using floor decals to remind guests in our lobby and bakery areas to keep to social distancing protocols
and having dedicated staff through every meal period solely responsible to sanitize all high contact areas [...]."
- There is little mention of celebration except "We are looking forward to welcoming you back as our guest ".
Bon Appetit Restaurant
- In contrast to the CheeseCake Factory, Bon Appetit Restaurant's re-opening message is more celebratory in tone, even if it also focuses on health and hygiene measures.
- This restaurant starts its message with a celebratory "We’re Back! ".
- It follows that with "It’s been awhile and we’ve missed you. But great news, we’re back!", to show clients that they are valued and that they should come back to celebrate.
- The closing paragraph of the message is also upbeat and highlights again the positiveness of re-opening:"Despite everything, we will come out of this stronger than ever and we are so grateful for the many supportive messages we received from our guests while we were away. Thanks to your messages and wishes, we were able to weather the toughest of days. We’re incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful community around us and we cannot wait to begin serving you again."
Legend's Tavern and Grill
- This restaurant has opted for a similar messaging strategy than the CheeseCake factory, focusing mostly on health and safety, and highligtinh their new measures.
- These include: "A complete deep cleaning and sanitization of the interior and exterior prior to reopening
,in-restaurant sanitizing stations available for customers and team members alike and required use of CDC approved PPE such as gloves and face masks when interacting with guests, staff, and preparing orders.
- Trend 1: Wishing customers well and expressing well wishes to customers.
- Trend 2: Detailing new health and hygiene measures.
- Trend 3: Expressing appreciation for the support of customers during the closing period.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.