Security: Consumer Attitudes and Behaviors
Identify trends in how consumer behavior is changing through gamification to determine how these trends change consumer attitudes towards cyber and physical security.
- Gamification is increasingly being used to engage employees in social media and mobile apps. This is done to specifically target younger employees, as 71% of Millenials lack engagement in the workplace.
- In 2019, the gamification of technology increased employee engagement by 60% and improved employee productivity by 50%.
- North America is expected to experience a 45% growth in the use of “game-based learning systems” in the next five years.
- A recent trend of gamification is the use of virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), and mixed reality (MR). The technology is incorporated into eLearning and is used by businesses towards their target market.
- Consumers are concerned about the security of VR and AR devices. Many have worries about encrypted data and malware.
- After a Canadian report about the lack of security of fitness tracking devices was released, concerns arose over the data security of Fitbit. The report found that a wearable fitness device can emit “persistent unique identifiers” that can make the user vulnerable to tracking.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.