Auto Body Repair Industry
Current trends in the auto body repair industry.
Better Telematics & Connectivity
- Recently developed vehicles increasingly have telematics embedded, which means it is important for the staff at auto body repair shops to be trained in telematics.
- Today's consumers also need to be assured that their local auto repair shops can effectively handle their advanced vehicles and "have the right parts to do the repairs the vehicles need, whether its telematics, connectivity or sophisticated computer and mechanical systems.
- In order to be successful, it is important for auto body shops to advertise the competency of their shops as being able to deal with these technologically-advanced automobiles.
More Consumers Leasing Vehicles
- In 2020 and beyond, more US consumers are expected to lease vehicles. Vehicle lease originations increased by over 200% between 2009 to 2016.
- The trend is particularly prevalent among millennials, who account for a significant share of Americans visiting auto body repair shops.
- As these consumers opt for leasing vehicles over buying them, they will be less maintenance and repair work done by auto repair shops, unless these shops strike partnerships or collaborate with dealerships that lease vehicles.
- Within our initial hour of research, we were able to provide 2 to 3 trends specific to the auto body repair industry.
- Please note that while there was an abundance of trends around this industry, we focused on trends published between 2019 to 2020.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.