Fleet Revenue, Annual Miles, and Segments
To identify: 1. Revenue presented by each fleet size, 2. Average annual miles driven in each fleet size 3. A proxy of the number of fleet companies in each fleet size segment.
Average Annual Miles per Commercial Fleet Vehicle (2018)
Average Annual Miles per Federal Government
Fleet Vehicle (2017)
- "Light trucks = less than 8,500 pounds gross vehicle weight (GVW)."
- "Medium trucks = 8,501-23,999 pounds GVW.
- "Heavy trucks = 24,000 pounds GVW or more."
- "LSEVs = low-speed electric vehicles."
- "The U.S. trucking industry can be divided into three main sectors: full truckload (FTL), less-than-truckload (LTL), and couriers."
2018 Revenue of the Largest U.S. FTL Carriers
Top LTL Carriers
Top Couriers in the United States
- For the initial hour, we were able to identify insights on the average annual miles driven for each fleet size. Information on revenue by each fleet size did not appear available, however, we were able to find some initial insights on revenue for the overall trucking industry and identified top companies in each sector and included revenue, where available. A proxy of the number of fleet companies in each fleet size segment also did not appear publicly available.
- We were able to compile the research on average annual miles driven in each fleet size and put it in a spreadsheet.
- In the course of our research, we came across information on the top telecommunication, construction, and food and beverage fleets in the USA, which might also be of interest.
- Feel free to add or select an option below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.