Demand for Online Higher Education in Rwanda
To find information on the demand for online higher education in Rwanda.
Rwanda Education Statistics
- Rwanda's education curriculum operates on the 6-3-3-4 system i.e. 6 years for primary school, 3 years for ordinary level (junior secondary school), 3 years for advanced level (senior secondary school) and 4 years for university bachelor’s degree.
- In 2019, a total of 171,123 students sat the 2019 national examinations in Rwanda for Ordinary and Advanced levels of secondary schools.
- According to the Visit Rwanda Guide website, each year, around 44,000 students are enrolled in higher education for undergraduate, graduate, certificate, and diploma programs.
University of Global Health Equity
- The University of Global Health Equity was formed in 2014 thanks to the visionary leadership of the Cummings Foundation and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The two foundations sponsored a 10-year framework that accelerated the University of Global Health Equity, and then later funded the first phase of implementation.
- The university was created to advance "global health delivery by training a new generation of global health leaders who are equipped in not just building, but sustaining effective and equitable health systems."
- The educational programs offered by the university are Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, Executive Education, and Master of Science in Global Health Delivery.
- The university also has plans to add future offerings in both undergraduate and graduate programs in medicine, nursing, and oral health.
- The partners of the University of Global Health Equity includes the Cummings Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CRI Foundation, MDF Instruments, and the Government of Rwanda.
- The university also offers members of the general public a means of donating to the institution.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.