I am trying to come up with a step to step step for making lotion
You are looking to compile a detailed, step-by-step list of instructions for making lotion in order to teach a class of potential entrepreneurs.
- Double boilers are often used for making lotion. One can also substitute this by placing a glass bowl on top of a pot.
- The main ingredients of any homemade lotion include water, oil, emulsifying wax, and preservatives such as Rokonsal or Leucidal.
- Adding an emulsifier allows incompatible ingredients, such as oil and glycerin, to mix together smoothly and create a product that is less greasy.
- It is recommended to use distilled or purified water instead of tap water to make lotion. This is because tap water often contains chemicals that shorten the shelf life of the product.
- Water-based lotions have a much shorter shelf-life than oil-based lotions. Some tips to make lotions store for longer periods include storing in dark-colored glass bottle and adding pure alcohol or antioxidants.
- Typically, making lotion involves variations of the following steps: creating a water bath with the bottom half of a double boiler, melting oil and wax together in the top half of a double boiler, pour boiling water into the melted wax mixture, and let cool before packaging the lotion.
- Making Skincare has a great, detailed chart that includes the steps to making lotion, including different percentages of ingredients that should be used for different types of lotion.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.