Brand Execution Strategies
To determine the potential execution strategies for one brand from anime, comedy, and the creative arts.
Twitch and Anime
Transparency and authenticity are essential when marketing to the Twitch community.
- Twitch offers "a managed service to help brands understand authentic ways to communicate with Twitch communities, as well as identifying the most appropriate communities and streamers for brands to engage with."
- To ensure that Twitch's partnerships are aligned with their users, they keep track of the streaming interests of their community and incorporate their interests into their content and data.
- Twitch began streaming anime marathons when they found that their users had an affinity for anime.
- The TwitchPlaysPokémon channel occurred as a result of the community first rallying around this content, which was amplified by Twitch.
In 2017, the first anime marathon on Twitch happened as a result of a partnership between Crunchyroll and Twitch. Together they hosted a five-day marathon featuring more than 15 different anime series.
- Crunchyroll chose Twitch as their "ideal platform to highlight their shows since it would drive a new audience to their paid subscription service."
- Twitch influencer marketing content is mainly promoted in the form of live videos.
Giveaways, product unboxing, and shout-outs are popular for Twitch influencer marketing.
- One example of influencer marketing was a partnership between KFC and DrLupo, a professional eSports player. KFC encouraged DrLupo’s followers to type “dinner dinner” into the chatbox when DrLupo defeated other contestants in PUBG which gave them a chance to win a free dinner.
- KFC used Twitch "influencer marketing to increase their brand awareness and connect with their target audience. KFC also created a new bucket emote for the event, which garnered a lot of interest from the audience. Even after the promotion, other content creators made podcasts and wrote articles based on the emote."
- For the initial hour, we tried identifying as much of the requested information as possible. We were mainly able to identify strategies used by a brand in anime. Information on potential execution strategies for one brand from comedy and the creative arts did not appear immediately available in this search. However, we were also able to identify some insights on Twitch influencer marketing strategies and found an example for KFC.
- Influencer marketing was included as a strategy since Twitch content is promoted in the form of live videos, which is different from other social media platforms and uses specific approaches to engage audiences.
- Based on the available information, one of the recommended ways to maximize a partnership is to highlight transparency and authenticity when marketing.
- In the course of our research, we were able to identify more general insights on brand partnerships with Twitch, which might also be of interest.
- Feel free to add or select an option below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.