Angel Investor Returns in the US
To find the typical angel investor returns and other statistics in the US in order to gather information for a blog article.
- In the US, the overall internal rate of return (IRR) for angel investors is around 27%.
- The typical rate of failure is around 60%. This means that the success rate is about 40%.
- The average number of investment for an angel is 11.4 companies. For veteran angel investors, it is 14.2 companies.
- An angel investor typical holds an investment for a period of 4.5 years.
- Larger returns (greater than 10 times) typically take over 10 years to materialize.
- 60% of angel investments in 2019 were between $2.5million and $8million while 33% were over $8million.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Considering the numbers found in the initial research, we propose continued research to find the returns (or IRR %) for angel investing in the US across several portfolio.
We also propose research to find 5 top reasons for start-up failures in the US. For each, we would include an overview and any available statistics.