U.S. Cannabis Market
To understand The top cannabis flower, ingestible, and topical products, the top non-cannabis companies entering into the cannabis space, and top consumer facing cannabis trends in the U.S.
During our preliminary research, we were able to determine the 4 most popular cannabis flower products, the 2 most popular cannabis ingestible products, and the most popular cannabis topical products in the U.S. in 2017. We were also able to find 5 well-recognized non-cannabis companies entering into the cannabis space. Below is an overview of our early findings.
- In 2017, the most popular cannabis strains in the U.S. were Blue Dream, AK-47, Granddaddy Purple (GDP), and Gorilla Glue.
- Blue Dream is a cannabis strain that originates in California. The strain is composed of both sativa and indica marijuana plants.
- AK-47 is a hybrid strain of cannabis that has an earthy taste. The strain produces a high of mental stimulation and enhances focus and concentration.
- Granddaddy Purple (GDP) is an indica strain of cannabis that has a grape and berry flavor. The strain is often suggested as an alternative to alcoholic nightcap.
- Gorilla Glue is a hybrid strain of cannabis that has a high potency, generally leaving users glued to the couch. This strain gives off a piney aroma and it is generally used for chronic pain and insomnia.
- Five recognizable non-cannabis name-brands that are moving into the cannabis space, include Scotts Miracle-Gro
, Constellation Brands, Altria, Molson Coors Brewing, and Anheuser-Busch InBev.
Proprietary Research Available
- We found some proprietary research from one of our data partners which may be helpful:
- North America Cannabis Market: Focus on Product Type, Medical Application, Distribution Channel, Countries Data (U.S. and Canada) and Competitive Landscape – Analysis and Forecast, 2019-2025 (BIS Research, $1,000)
- If you'd like us to purchase this report on your behalf, just let us know!
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
In order to provide you with all the information you are requesting, we suggest diving deeper with additional research following the below steps.
1) Additional research to determine 2-3 additional "top" cannabis products each for the ingestible and topical space (total of 4-6 products) in the U.S. "Top" will be defined as the most popular or best-selling products. For each product, we will give a brief description of what it is and why it is considered a "top" product.
2) A description of what each of the non-cannabis brands listed above is doing/trying to do to move into the cannabis space.
3) Additional research to determine 3-5 additional recognizable non-cannabis brands in the U.S. that are moving into the cannabis space and how they are doing so.
4) A list of 7-10 consumer-facing cannabis trends in the U.S. For each trend, we will provide an overview of what it is and why it is considered a trend.