United States Commodity Organizations Research
To have a competitive review of commodity organizations in the United States. An ideal response would focus specifically on their branding, communications, and their websites.
- We are assuming that this is the Specialty Soya and Grains Alliance mentioned in the chat transcript. If this assumption is incorrect, that would clearly have to be communicated to us in any reply.
- We are also assuming the following definition for commodity associations: They are "organizations that bring together a wide spectrum of interest groups related to a particular commodity or sector (such as horticulture) in a particular country, whether the commodity is for export, for the domestic market or for both. Such associations can draw membership from individual farmers or their associations, from crop buyers, processors, distributors and exporters, as well as from suppliers of support services. Sometimes government agencies are also members." If this assumption is incorrect, that would clearly have to be communicated to us in any reply.
- The AGMRC provides what appears to be an exhaustive list of commodity and agricultural organization sites in the United States.
- As this research will be used to compare branding, communications, and websites for a specialty soya and grains alliance
, this list from The Northern Crops Institute might be more targeted for a competitive review.
- We also found this list from the North American Export Grain Association.
- We found four NATIONAL commodity organizations from The Northern Crops Institute that we could do a competitive review on. They are: the United Soybean Board, the United States Durum Growers Association, National Grain Sorghum Producers, and the American Soybean Association.
- We found four REGIONAL commodity organizations from The Northern Crops Institute that we could do a competitive review on. This was where we found the organization that was mentioned in the chat transcript. They are: The Red River Valley Sugarbeet Growers Association, The Northern Canola Growers Association, The Northarvest Bean Growers Association, and The Northern Pulse Growers Association.
- On The Northern Crops Institute commodity list, they also provide state specific commodity organizations which are Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, and South Dakota. We could also review four of those, perhaps one from each state. These would have to be selected for us to review, and clearly communicated to us in any reply.
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- Our initial hour of research was spent looking for exhaustive lists of commodity organizations in the United States that would be relevant to the question asked. We found three lists, and deemed the second one the best fit. If that is incorrect, that would have to be clearly communicated to us in any reply.
- We also identified some possible organizations for a competitive landscape.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.