U.S. Footwear and Accessories Market
To identify the major players (both manufacturers and retailers) and verticals in the U.S. footwear and accessories market to include market shares, company sizes, company structures, brands under ownership, and key retail channels for purposes of better understanding the market.
Preliminary research shows that the market size for footwear is available, but the accessories piece is not typically attached to this market. Accessories would need to be defined before an accurate market size would be available. Therefore, the early findings focus on the footwear market exclusively.
FOOTWEAR MARKET SIZE
- In 2017, the U.S. footwear market size was $79.86 billion.
- Between 2017 and 2018, the U.S. footwear market grew by 7%.
- Assuming the growth remained the same between 2018 and 2019 as it did between 2017 and 2018, the approximate size of the U.S. footwear market is as follows
- This is confirmed by a report from ShoesFromMexico that the U.S. footwear market will reach $91.2 billion in 2019 and by a report from Brandon Gaille that shows the market reached $91.1 billion in 2019.
MARKET SHARE DATA
- Nike owned 17.9% market share in the U.S. in 2016, which was the highest share of any company; however, their share dropped by 3.7% in 2017, meaning its market share for 2017 was 14.2%. In terms of the basketball shoe category, Nike owns 90% of the market.
- Running shoes have the highest share in terms of category in the U.S. at 39%, while casual shoes hold a 24% share.
- About 16% of U.S. consumers have shopped for shoes online.
LARGEST FOOTWEAR RETAILERS
- According to the top 100 retailers, the largest retail stores that carry shoes are the following.
- TJX Companies
- Ross Stores
- JC Penney
- Dick's Sporting Goods
- Bass Pro
- Burlington Coat Factory
- Saks 5th Avenue/Lord & Taylor
- Neiman Marcus
- The largest footwear companies in the world are
- New Balance
- VF Corporation
- A competitive landscape has been set up on the attached spreadsheet that will compare 12 footwear and accessories companies.
- Bolster your final deliverable with proprietary research from Plunkett Research, Ltd. for an additional $1,995.00. This research includes U.S. market size for footwear, deep financials of the leading companies in the industry, and growth forecasts.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.