U.S. Moving Industry Market Size
To obtain the market size of the moving industry in the U.S. for 2019 or the most recent year available for data verfication purposes.
Our initial search shows that there is quite a bit of data available for the moving industry in the United States. Here is what we found with our preliminary searches:
- According to IBISWorld, the 2019 market size for the moving services industry is $19 billion (a screenshot is here due to linking issues with IBISWorld).
- This analysis includes residential moving, commercial moving, warehousing services, and other.
- The industry is growing at a CAGR of about 0.6% per year.
- The American Moving & Storage Association puts the household moving business at $12.6 billion in 2019.
- About 40 million Americans move each year, which equates to about 14% of the population.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.