U.S. Moving Industry Market Size
To obtain the market size of the moving industry in the U.S. for 2019 or the most recent year available for data verfication purposes.
Our initial search shows that there is quite a bit of data available for the moving industry in the United States. Here is what we found with our preliminary searches:
- According to IBISWorld, the 2019 market size for the moving services industry is $19 billion (a screenshot is here due to linking issues with IBISWorld).
- This analysis includes residential moving, commercial moving, warehousing services, and other.
- The industry is growing at a CAGR of about 0.6% per year.
- The American Moving & Storage Association puts the household moving business at $12.6 billion in 2019.
- About 40 million Americans move each year, which equates to about 14% of the population.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Since our initial search found the market size of the U.S. moving industry, we recommend taking a deeper look at the market by completing a market analysis, which would include statistics such as interstate moves vs. local moves, how people move (do it themselves, hire professionals, rent trucks, etc.), who is using moving services, when people are moving, why they are moving, and states where they are moving to and from.