UK Bus Industry
To understand the number and size of bus operators in the UK including turnover, fleet size, and marketing spend.
General Bus Statistics
- There are approximately 32,000 buses in operation in the UK.
- The market size of the bus industry in the UK is around $6 billion.
- Rotala operates four bus lines: Diamond Bus Ltd, Diamond Bus North West, Hallmark Connections Ltd, and Preston Bus. The company has a estimated revenue of about £84 million. It operates 712 buses and employs over 1,800 people.
- Nottingham City Transport is the largest bus operator in Nottingham. It has a fleet of 320 buses and over 800 bus drivers.
- Go Ahead is another leading transport company in the UK. Revenue for bus operations in 2018 were about £1 billion. The company operates nine bus lines. It has a fleet of over 5,000 and employs over 15,500 people.
- Blackpool Transport operates buses along the Fylde Coast. It has a fleet of 140 buses. Estimated revenue is £26 million.
- Stagecoach is one of the largest bus operators in the UK. It operates a fleet of 8,400 buses and coaches and employs over 24,000 people. It had a revenue of £1.3 billion in 2018/2019.
- First Group buses serve approximately 1.6 million passengers per day. It has a fleet of 5,700 buses and employs 16,500 people. The 2018/2019 revenue for the UK division was £876 million.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.