Retail Email Marketing Trends UK
Identify 3-5 email marketing trends for the retail sector in the UK.
Email marketing trends specific to the retail sector in the UK were not available. However, email marketing trends as noted by marketing companies based in the UK that serve retail business customers were available. Since these companies are providing trends for email marketing and are serving retail business customers, it was assumed that these trends apply to the retail segment in the UK.
Blend of Personalization, Segmentation, and Targeting
- In 2019, personalization, segmentation and targeting are beginning to be utilized together. Targeting and customer segmentation are being used to create an entirely personalized experience in the email.
- This is also due to the continued and more strict screening of email by consumers; targeting, segmentation and personalization, when utilized together, create an email that is extremely relevant to the consumer and stands a much better chance of being opened.
- A survey of many marketers put personalization and segmentation as top areas they would like to improve upon in their email marketing.
Storytelling and Improved Content
- In an effort to connect with consumers and stand out, brand voice and storytelling are becoming increasingly important. Brands are using humor and other techniques to humanize their brand, making them more memorable.
- Humanizing a brand also increases brand loyalty, because it creates an emotional connection between the consumer and the brand.
- Interactivity, or allowing consumers to interact with the brand directly in the email, is "eliminating the friction between email and onsite conversion."
- Interactivity also improves the visual appeal of the email, making it more likely that consumers will stop and engage with it instead of simply moving on.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.