UK Mobility Industry Profile/Outlook
To obtain insights into the profiles of emerging mobility companies in the UK including areas of expected growth year over year, major players within the market, and growth areas in other forms of transport.
- The National Grid suggests that the number of electric vehicles on UK roads could reach 10.6 million by 2030 and as high as 36 million by 2040.
- Europe's electric vehicle market is projected to have a CAGR of 34.6% between 2020 and 2027.
- From 2007 to 2017, the UK's usage of railways and private hire vehicles grew by 36% and 41%.
- While still making up about 70% of all public transport usages, the number of bus passengers has fallen by 11% in the past decade.
- Revenue from ride-sharing services are projected to grow 30% to £102 billion by 2023.
- Arrival is a company based out of London, United Kingdom. They're focus is the production of second generation electric vehicles that are no more expensive that traditional vehicles.
- Their target market is commercial companies with a large dependence on motor vehicles such as postal services.
- Several large, notable investors have invested in Arrival such as UPS, Kia, and Hyundia.
- While Arrival has not yet generated significant revenue, it has a valuation of £3 billion.
- Currently, Arrival has not sold any vehicles on a commercial scale. It expects to launch its first line of vehicles commercially in late 2020.
- The UK's electric vehicle market is expected to have a CAGR of 34.6% between 2020 and 2027.
- Arrival's twitter handle is @arrival.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.