Teachers or Educators and Student Statistics in the U.S.
To find out the number of teachers or educators and students in the United States. Additionally, what is the breakdown of these teachers/educators and students in the following categories (or in which ever categorization the data is presented): 1) Elementary school is kindergarten through 5th grade (ages 5-10), 2) middle school is grades 6-8 (ages 11-13) 3) high school is grades 9-12 (ages 14-18) 4) Community Colleges 5) Universities 6) Others
Teachers or Educators
- In the 2017-18 school year, the United States had “3.3 million full-time and part-time traditional public school teachers, 205,600 public charter school teachers, and 509,200 private school teachers”.
- In the 1999-2000 school year, there were 3.0 million public school teachers, 17, 500 public charter school teachers, and 449,100 private school teachers in the U. S.
- In the 2017-18 school year, there were “3.5 million full- and part-time public school teachers, including 1.8 million elementary school teachers and 1.8 million secondary school teachers.”
- In 1999-2000 school year, there were 1.6 million public elementary school teachers and 1.4 million public school teachers in the U.S.
- In the Fall of 2017, public school enrollment reached 50.7 million students. This number includes 35.5 million students in elementary school level and 15.2 million students in the secondary school level.
- In the Fall of 2000, 47.2 million students enrolled in public schools in the U.S. This number includes 33.7 million students in elementary school level and 13.5 million students in secondary school level.
Summary of Findings
During the initial hour of research, the total number of teacher in both public and private schools was provided. Additionally, a breakdown of the total number of teachers in public elementary and secondary schools was found. Similarly, the total number of public school enrollment and breakdown for both the elementary level and secondary level was provided. However, data on the number of teachers and students in middle school and high school levels, as well as, those in the universities was not found. Based on the available data, statistics on public school teachers and student enrollment are only provided in the elementary and secondary levels only. Therefore, a breakdown of the total number of teachers and students in middle school and high school is likely not to be available in the public domain.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.