Personal Protection and Safety Supplies in Facilities
Identify the types of personal protection or safety equipment utilized at various times in the work of facilities personnel including cleaners, warehouse workers, and general staff for the purpose of inform the development of a new product launch.
Include the types of products used, when they are used, and who uses them.
- Eye protection (such as safety glasses or goggles) is recommended for use by cleaners when handling potentially dangerous chemicals, liquids, or acids.
- Disposable face shields are recommended for cleaners when they are working with areas contaminated with blood or bodily fluids to avoid the spread of blood borne pathogens.
- Warehouse workers should wear rubber gloves when they are working near charging stations that are at risk of fires and explosions.
- Warehouse workers working near charging stations should also wear eye and face protection.
New Guidelines for Cleaners Due to COVID-19
- Cleaners working in an area where an individual with COVID-19 currently is located are advised to wear an N-95 respirator.
- Cleaners working in an area where an individual with COVID-19 was located are advised to wear a surgical mask.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Summary of Early Findings in Relation to Goals
For the first hour of research, the project was outlined to determine if the requested information is available.
There is significant information related to the personal protective equipment that cleaners and warehouse workers in facilities should utilize. Information related to protective or safety equipment used by general staff is more limited, other than for healthcare facilities (which are based on the type of work the general staff is engaged in).
There is new information specific to COVID-19 safety guidelines also available.
Based on the early findings, we propose the following research to help provide additional insights.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.