US Cookware Market
To understand the customer demographics in the cookware market in the United States.
Cookware Market Size
Categories of Cookware
- Categories in the cookware market in the US include cooking sets, fry pans/saute pans/skillets, and sauce pans.
- "US kitchen and cookware stores already account for $15.2 billion in annual sales, and that’s just from specialized stores like Williams Sonoma and Sur La Table, not mass-market retailers like Macy’s or Bed Bath & Beyond. The result has been a surge in saucepan sales."
- "Several cookware lines have appeared on the market in recent years that market themselves as “green.”
- As per predictions in 2018, 73.2% of US consumers will purchase fry pan, 54.2% saucepan, 38.1% 8-piece cookware set, while 34.6% will purchase stockpot/soup pot.
Demographics of Cookware Consumers
- "Millennials are beginning to settle down, establish homes, and increasingly invest in kitchen goods, but at the same time, baby boomers are beginning to downsize and are happy to unload a pantry full of scratched-up pans in favor of something new. On top of that, both generations are cooking more to respond to health concerns, he said, leading to a market that hasn’t seen such an uptick in sales since the 1970s."
Cookware Sales Channel
- 18% of cookware sales are now made online as compared to 14% in 2015.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.