US alcohol market size
To provide a market overview of the US alcohol market, including new entrants, biggest players, and trends.
- In 2018, the North American alcoholic beverages market was valued at $397 billion and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.7% until 2025.
- The US was the biggest player in the region, accounting for 64.1% of the total sales in the region.
- This means that the US market was valued at $254.5 billion in 2018 and $266.44 billion in 2019.
- It is expected that the market's revenue will be highly effected by the tariffs imposed by the EU on American alcohol imports.
- The major players that have captured the biggest market share in the US alcohol industry include Anheuser-Busch InBev, Kittling Ridge Estate Wines and Spirits, Boston Beer, Diageo, Heineken Holdings, Constellation Brands, Kirin Holdings, Bacardi, Corby Distilleries, and Beam Suntory.
- In terms of volume, there were 3.345 billion 9-liter cases (or 30.1 billion of liters) of alcohol beverages sold in 2018, a decline of 0.8% compared to the previous year.
- One big reason fr the decline is the shift of the American consumer towards healthier options.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
In our initial research we found the most recent market size of the US alcohol beverage industry by revenue and volume. As such, we propose continuing by determining 2-3 trends that have impacted the US alcohol market in the last 10 years the most. We also propose to identify 2-3 current and 2-3 future trends that are impacting or will impact the market in the near future (i.e in the next 3-5 years). For each we will describe what the trend consist of, its impact on the industry, and 1-2 examples of companies that have been driving the trend.
We also propose finding the US revenue of the 10 leaders in the US markets identified above, including their market share, and a brief overview of the sectors they cater to. We also propose identifying 10 newcomer companies that have showed the biggest growth in the alcohol industry in the last 10 years. For each newcomer company, we will provide an overview of the alcohol segments they cater to, an indication of their growth in the last 10 years, their current revenue, their US market share, and an indication about how they have impacted the market leaders in the US industry (i.e we will focus on whether their growth has decreased the market share of the leaders, whether they were able to tap into an unexploited market better than the industry leaders, and so on).
We could also look at the number of new entrants into the United States alcoholic beverage market in the last 10 years.