Electricity usage of us commercial ev trucks
Find out the electricity usage (kWh and costs) of US Commercial EV Trucks for 2018, 2025, and 2030.
Number of Electric Vehicles (EVs)
- As of 2019, there were more than 1 million electric vehicles in the United States. By 2030, this figure is projected to grow to 18.7 million.
- The state of California has set a policy that would set the number of electric trucks in the state at 84,000 trucks by 2030.
- There were fewer than 1,000 electric trucks in California as of 2019.
- The market for electric trucks in the United States is expected to have a compound annual growth rate of 40% from 2017 to 2025.
Cost of EV Battery Packs
- The 2018 cost per kilowatt hour (kWh) for a lithium-ion battery pack is $197.
- According to a meta-analysis of technical reports, projected cost of EV battery packs per kWh for 2025 ranges from $85 to $133.
- For 2030, it’s projected to be $50 per kWh for Pouch NMC 6,2,2-silicon alloy anode and $80 per kWh for Pouch NMC 6,2,2-graphite anode.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.