Historical Growth Commercial Real Estate (CRE) Market
To determine the historic growth, the current market size and the future growth of the commercial real estate market.
While we were able to find a few reports that discuss the market size of the commercial real estate industry between 2015 and 2020, they were behind paywalls. As such, we decided to see if we can find the share of the real estate software market that is occupied by the commercial segment but none of the industry reports we went through mentioned the percent separation although it is implied that the residential segment does dominate the market.
- According to Market Watch, the global commercial real estate software market was valued at $2.02 billion in 2019.
- The market is expected to increase to $2.47 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 5.1%.
- As the US occupied 29% of the total market, in 2019, the US commercial real estate software market reached $586 million.
- The real estate software market was valued at $8.98 billion in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 4.4% between 2017 and 2020.
- The North American region is estimated to occupy a large portion of that market, with around 43% share, which means that in 2017, the North American real estate software market was valued at $3.86 billion.
- However, Technavio predicts that, due to the rapid increase in the demand for real estate software in the APAC region, the share of the North American region will gradually decline until 2025.
The links to the three reports that discuss the market size of the commercial real estate industry between 2015 and 2020 can be found below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.