US Leased and Owned Vehicles
To identify the fleet vehicles count in the US (leased & owned) for Class 1 through 8
2019 Fleet Statistics
for Leased and Owned Cars
For Cars and Class 1-5 Trucks in Service
U.S. Government Fleet 2018 Statistics
- The U.S. government operates the largest civilian fleet in the world with more than 640,000 vehicles.
- The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) has more than 200,000 vehicles and it the largest single agency fleet.
- "Other civilian agencies operate around 250,000 vehicles, and the military has around 177,000."
- 69.8% of federal fleet vehicles are owned, 29.6% are leased, and 0.7% are commercially leased.
- Total Passenger Vehicles for all US agencies: 235,319
- Total Truck Vehicles for all US agencies: 395,463
- Other Vehicles for all US agencies: 9,522
Bureau of Transportation Statistics 2018 (the latest available)
- Total automobiles in fleets: 3,632 (thousands)
- Total trucks in fleets: 4,840 (thousands)
- For this hour, we tried identifying as much of the requested information as possible. We were able to identify fleet statistics for leased and owned cars and trucks (Class 1-5) for commercial and government use.
- The Bureau of Transportation statistics only had numbers for total fleets in use but did not appear to have a breakdown for leased and owned cars or trucks.
- We also found some insights on operating costs and passenger vehicle maintenance spend on fleet vehicles, which might also be of interest.
- Feel free to select or add an option below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.